Stage 1 of the Werribee Irrigation District Modernisation Project is for the construction of approximately 2.5km of DN1000 GRP pipeline and upgrades to customer outlets to replace existing irrigation channel infrastructure.
- 2.5km DN1000 GRP pipeline
- 11 customer outlets including flow meters
- 2 x DN300 PVC spurs totalling approx. 400m
- Decommissioning / removal of existing concrete channel
- 3 x road crossings
Highlights & Innovations
- Extensive stakeholder management and effective landholder consultation processes allowed construction works to progress on schedule.
- Innovative design changes that altered the pipeline alignment to reduce reinstatement and long term maintenance costs.