Design and construction of approximately 30km of new gas supply and reticulation mains to provide natural gas to the township of Warburton, Victoria.
- Design & Construction of 5km DN125PE supply mains
- Design & Construction of 25km DN63 reticulation mains
Highlights & Innovations
- Worked collaboratively with Multinet Gas to deliver a State Government funded project as part of the Energy to the Regions program.
- Completed the design and construction of new gas main installation under the Yarra River in three different locations. Each crossing utilised horizontal directional drill methodology to install the new main to at least 10m below the river bed.
- Implemented a number of design and construction solutions to install the gas main in difficult ground conditions, while implementing controls to negate impact to environmental & cultural heritage values.
“The Warburton Natural Gas project has been a milestone project for both Comdain and Multinet Gas, presenting several unique challenges to deliver the extension of Multinet’s distribution network to the Warburton township. It has been rewarding to see the project in its final stages of completion after the collaborative efforts between the Multinet Gas and Comdain teams.”
David Gerzenstein. Project Performance Engineer – Multinet Gas