Civil, Mechanical and electrical upgrade of the Torquay Transfer Main Booster Pump Station
- Supply, fabrication and installation of DN600 MSCL pipework, valves, fittings.
- Supply and installation of 3 No. 45kW pumps
- Supply and installation of associated flowmeters, scour and air valve
- Supply and installation of new telemetry system.
- Supply and installation of electrical switchboard, VSDs , harmonic filter and telemetry
- Civil pump station building works including architectural façade and -landscaping works to suit the culturally sensitive area
Highlights & Innovations
- Comdain worked collaboratively with the client to develop an innovative commissioning plan that allowed for full pump station operation alongside Site Acceptance Testing activities.
- Comdain proposed an alternate construction method for inlet and outlet pipework to be undertaken as HDD in lieu of micro tunnelling. This provided a cost saving to client and reduced project duration.
- The architectural façade provided challenges as all recycled timber works had to be pre-fabricated prior to mounting on the building walls.