Provide operational and maintenance services for Multinet Gas’ Victorian distribution network.
Network services 700,000 customers across Eastern and South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and a number of towns in the Gippsland Region.
- Maintenance and construction of gas distribution network
- Maintenance, construction and installation of industrial commercial regulators and meters
- 24/7 emergency Response
- Leakage pinpointing services
- Cathodic Protection
- Pipeline Security
- High pressure regulator and city gate construction / installation
- Bulk meter replacement program
- Management gas supply / installation contractors
- Community and stakeholder management
- Works estimating, planning and scheduling
- Project Management of capital projects
- Management of new services and connections
Highlights & Innovations
- Reduced operating costs by 25%
- Successfully negotiated new 5 year agreement to provide services over whole network.
- Seamless transition from previous service provider.
- Implemented field mobility asset management application, ComLink.
- Completing over 100,000 work orders per year.
- The use of 250mm PE for the High Pressure Main was also the first of its kind on the Multinet Gas network.
Particularly around Operations and Maintenance costs, Comdain have worked really well and have actually driven those down over a period of time. Mark Beech, General Manager – Gas Operations, Multinet Gas
WATCH THE VIDEO