Design & construction of new infrastructure to address water quality non-compliances and safety, environmental and operational risks at Nelson Bay WTP.
- Bushfire protection works including the replacement and safe disposal of existing roof structure and asbestos ceiling and other building modifications (doors and vents);
- Installation of new caustic bulk storage tank and construction of caustic storage bund and dosing facility;
- Establishment of a dedicated delivery bund and associated spill collection infrastructure for liquid caustic;
- Relocation of the existing process water pumps and associated pipework;
- Replacement and relocation of new telemetry pole along with transfer and installation of telemetry infrastructure;
- Modifications to dosing system and Installation of a new dosing flow meter;
- Installation of new caustic and fluoride dosing points and double containment piping.
Highlights & Innovations
- The project was successfully completed despite a limited 12 week shutdown period. All works , plus additional scopes were completed as per original program.
- Seamless integration of double containment pipe from chemical room, across piping rack and into a underground dosing pit.