Design and installation of two trenchless crossings of the Hunter River and installation of two Flow Control Valves.
- Detail design of two 1500mm diameter trenchless crossings with bore diameter of 1500mm
- Construction of two 400m long trenchless crossings under the Hunter River and installation of two 1200mm outside diameter HDPE carrier mains
- Construction of two Flow Control Valves including the associated MSCL pipework, valving, electrical, telemetry and power supply
- Construction of connecting MSCL pipework and tie-in to existing Newcastle potable water supply pipeline
Highlights & Innovations
- Horizontal Directional Drilling through varying geotechnical conditions.
- Successful tie-in of newly constructed pipelines to existing infrastructure either side of the river within strict 12 hour shutdowns.
- Safely working around existing infrastructure including a major Sydney to Brisbane optic fibre cable and high voltage overhead power transmission cables.
- Alignment of the 320m, DN1200 welded pipe string that didn’t impact local residents, prior to being pulled through under the river.
- Working in close proximity to a family residence on the northern side of the river.