The Goulburn Murray Water Connections Project (previously known as Northern Victoria Irrigation Renewal Project—NVIRP) is the most significant upgrade to the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District’s infrastructure over its 100-year history.
The $2B project, funded by Federal and Victorian Governments, Melbourne Water and Goulburn Murray Water aims to recover long-term average annual water savings of 425 gigalitres (GL) and increase irrigation water use efficiency from approximately 70 per cent to at least 85 per cent.
- Manage the design, approvals, procurement and construction of:
- 5,000+ electronic, automated and telemetered meter outlets
- 50+ individual pipelines to replace gravity irrigation channels
- 300+ automated channel regulators
- 70km of channel remediation / repair / lining
- 60km Cosgrove Stock &Domestic Pipeline
- Box Creek Weir & Fish Lock
Highlights & Innovations
- Annual metering programs delivered ahead of schedule each year
- Through design optimisation, Comdain was able to reduce the budget costs for the Box Creek Weir project by 20%
- Implementation of field mobility & works system
- Annual winter works programs for channel remediation and automation delivered on time and on budget
- Design Management by co-locating Jacobs design consultants