Funded by Federal and Victorian Governments, Melbourne Water and Goulburn Murray Water, this $2B project was designed to recover long-term average annual water savings and increase irrigation water use efficiency.
FutureFlow Irrigation Modernisation Alliance
Comdain, Transfield Services and Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) are equal partners in the FutureFlow Alliance.
The purpose of the FutureFlow Alliance was to achieve water savings by delivering upgrades to the irrigation infrastructure in the Goulburn-Murray Irrigation District in Northern Victoria. FutureFlow was required to deliver an unprecedented amount of irrigation infrastructure works in a two year period. $283m of works were delivered under budget and on schedule resulting in long-term average water savings of 94GL.
- 1,692 automated Flume Gate channel regulators
- 3,220 electronic meter installations installed to replace dethridge wheel meters
- 490 dethiridge wheels rationalised
- 27km gravity pipeline (500mm-1200mm) installed to service the Katandra area
- 26km of channel lined with plastic
- 32 radio communications towers installed or upgraded
- 46.6 km channels rationalised
Northern Victoria Irrigation Renewals Project (NVIRP)
Comdain was a key Construction partner delivering works in the $2b irrigation modernisation program in the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District (GMID).
- Construction of over 400 regulating structures
- Construction and installation of over 900 metering structures
- Remodelling and lining of over 20km’s of irrigation channels
- Rationalisation of over 11 km’s of irrigation channels
Goulburn Murray Water Connections Project
- Manage the design, approvals, procurement and construction of:
- 5,000+ electronic, automated and telemetered meter outlets
- 50+ individual pipelines to replace gravity irrigation channels
- 300+ automated channel regulators
- 70km of channel remediation / repair / lining
- 60km Cosgrove Stock &Domestic Pipeline
- Box Creek Weir & Fish Lock
Highlights & Innovations
- Comdain’s role has evolved to the Managing Contractor position under the TransCom Connect joint venture for stage 2 of the program (Goulburn-Murray Water Connections Project)
- Provided training and upskilling to improve professionalism of local subcontractors in the areas of project management and delivery techniques.
- Annual metering programs delivered ahead of schedule each year
- Through design optimisation, Comdain was able to reduce the budget costs for the Box Creek Weir project by 20%
- Implementation of field mobility & works system
- Annual winter works programs for channel remediation and automation delivered on time and on budget
- Design Management by co-locating Jacobs design consultants
Goulburn Murray Water Connections Project continued….
- Construction of regulating structures
- Construction and installation of metering structures
- Remodelling and lining of irrigation channels
Highlights & Innovations
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement and management throughout planning and delivery