Modifications to existing channel regulator structures to house new regulator gates for Main Canal and Division 3 channels. A total of 158 gates were installed within a 2 month shut down period.
Design and construction of:
- New regulator structure 35m wide and 4m deep with 13 bays
- 63 gates in the main canal and 21 off take structures from the main canal
- 74 new gates on division 3 across 44 sites
Highlights & Innovations
- All works were completed on time despite the heavily restricted construction window associated with the irrigation shut down period.
- To achieve the large regulator completion date, Comdain designed and constructed pre-cast tilt panels, approx 5m x 5m x 3.5m in size. These oversized panels required careful consideration with regards to size and weight restrictions for transporting and installing. It was this innovative approach that made this structure possible in the short timeframe.