Design, fabrication, integration and commissioning of new inlet screen system and associated infrastructure.
- Fabrication, supply and installation of a manual bypass bar screen, new elevated screen bath structure including all integration works, access platforms, stairways, flooring, grating and handrails.
- Installation of diverter gate system and two band screens including conveyors, washpress units, pipework and all associated equipment
- Design and construction of:
- the electrical, control and instrumentation works
- new master control cubicle on the elevated platform
- new local control stations for screen controls
- CitectSCADA Screen programming.
Highlights & Innovations
- Pre-fabrication and assembly of the new Inlet Screen Bath equipment, completed at ground level and lifted on to 10m platform resulting in:
- reduced exposure to working at heights risks; and
- reduction in the time that in-flows of effluent to the plant were not screened, resulting in less blockages to pumps, less cleaning of tanks and minimised risk of plant disruptions.
- Developed an innovative alternate method for temporarily bypassing the inlet screens to perform the works which result in only one planned shutdown of 5 hours instead of the planned 3 shutdowns