Design and Construction of the North/South Critical Water Security link for Brisbane between Bartley’s Hill and Wellers Hill water supply zones. This pipeline will increase water supply reliability within for both zones.
Design, construct and commissioning of:
- Holt Street Water main: 1225m of DN750 MSCL pipeline north side of the river
- Queensport Road Water main: 770m of DN750 MSCL pipeline southern side of the river
- Brisbane River Horizontal Directionally Drilled (HDD) crossing: 1072m of DN800 HDPE pipeline underneath the river
- 5 x significant valve pits along the alignment – Kingsford Smith Drive Connection – 2 x HDD Isolation – Pressure Relief – Flow Meter
- 3 x significant connections to the existing trunk main network, 1 x connections to the reticulation network.
Highlights & Innovations
- Bi-directional cross river HDD in complex geology –24/7 operations. Total length of 1072m
- Design and implementation of temporary hot-tapped trunk main bypass and double isolation line stops to facilitate connection to existing trunk main – traditional isolation could not be used due to impact on critical customers.