To us, sustainability means achieving our long term business objectives in a manner that also achieves success for our people, our environment and the communities in which we work and live. We aim to be:
- An employer of choice who recognises and values our people and provides a safe and stimulating environment in which they can develop and make the most of their skills.
- An exemplary corporate citizen who is socially and environmentally responsible and seeks to go beyond a compliance culture towards commitment in every activity that we undertake.
- An organisation that is honest, open, fair, respectful and consultative in the way we interact with our community and provides opportunities for our people to make beneficial contributions in the communities in which they live and work.
- A business that is achieves success through being customer focused, delivering reliable and quality services and continuously seeking innovation.
In order to achieve our objectives we will embed principles of sustainability into all aspects of our strategy, operations, delivery and procurement to:
- Maintain a company wide commitment to safety and well being of our people.
- Provide professional development opportunities for our people to challenge themselves, develop their capabilities and achieve their career potential while meeting our business needs.
- Consult with our people, clients and stakeholders in conducting our business.
- Measure and work to minimise the impact of our operations on our natural resources (water, energy, materials and waste).
- Constantly strive to improve the way we do things.
- Share our knowledge and learn from our partners, clients and stakeholders.
- Commit to working proactively with our partners, clients and stakeholders to deliver value for money outcomes, protect the health and biodiversity of the environment, protect our cultural heritage and minimise disruption to the community in undertaking our infrastructure works.
The leadership team is accountable for ensuring our sustainability aspirations and responsibilities are incorporated into business planning and operations with clear and measurable actions.