IMPROVING NETWORK RELIABILITY
Comdain is the partner of choice in gas asset management services. Our high performance, transparency, focus on safety and commitment to innovate drives value for our clients. We bring to the table the latest technology in field mobility and work closely with our clients through real-time B2B systems to gain the best outcomes.
Committed to growing relationships, our team understands how collaboration enables the gas network to safely, reliably and cost effectively meet the needs of our clients and the community.
With over twenty-five years’ experience in the gas industry, our team of professionals have a strong background across all areas of gas networks from construction and maintenance through to project management. In Victoria alone, we provide 24/7 emergency response to two-thirds of the state – 1.4 million metropolitan and regional customers.
Over the last five years we have introduced over 100 new recruits to the gas industry and boast one of the largest gas trained workforces in Australia with both national competency accreditation and utility specific training.
Our gas asset management capabilities include:
- Maintenance of all gas infrastructure
- Construction of gas mains and services including residential, industrial and commercial, district regulators, city gates
- 24/7 emergency response
- SCADA systems installed and maintained
- Cathodic protection systems installed and maintained
- Leakage survey of all gas infrastructure
- Pipeline security including landholder liaison, patrols and inspections
- Bulk meter replacement programs
- Estimating, planning and scheduling
- Project management
- Specialist Systems Operations with in-house fabrication facility
- Review and assessment of subdivision planning referrals for infrastructure requirements.
Insights and analysis to make better decisions
Comdain’s continuous improvement and innovation programs help us to stay in touch with the latest technologies and assists in developing new processes and procedures.
With a commitment to challenge convention and drive innovation, we have developed enviable in-house technology that offers seamless integration and data collection. With over 700 smart devices in the field, we can individually tailor bespoke software to provide real-time feedback on networks regarding network performance, customer concerns and regulatory reporting requirements.
Our ability to work closely with all stakeholders including customers, retailers, governments, regulators, councils, developers and third-party contractors with a high focus on safety ensures minimal disruption to the communities that we operate in.
And we have the resources with highly trained field operatives, in-house electrical and mechanical capabilities, specialised plant and equipment, depots, systems and processes and a large, trusted network of specialist partners including suppliers, subcontractors and consultants.