Below is a list of current vacancies with Comdain nationally. Click on the job title to learn more about the opportunity and to make an application or for any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced HR professional to lead Comdain’s HR team. Influence through the development and delivery of strategic and operational employee relations initiatives, provide sound ER&IR advice, lead change implementation, employee engagement and development programs.
Reporting to the CEO, your role will be to lead the national HR function of Comdain. As a member of the leadership team general management capability coupled with exceptional communication, influence and facilitation skills will be much valued to support our national team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Partnering with senior management through the development and implementation of talent management and performance management initiatives;
- Proven knowledge of relevant employment legislation and practices
- Ability to encourage development across teams
- Provide HR advise to senior management and report monthly reporting
- Fostering a productive and engaged culture
- Execute, deliver and implement key HR activities and initiatives to support business strategic priorities
With over 550 permanent employees (30% professional, 70% field), your success will be achieved through building on Comdain’s well established productive and supportive culture.
If you are looking to take your HR career to a new level, or excited about implementing your skills within a dynamic growing organisation, our CEO would be very interested to hear from you.
An opportunity has arisen on the back of growth for a Senior Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Advisor to join our Victorian Engineering team, based in Epping, to provide support to our gas and water projects.
Reporting to the General Manager – Engineering and supported by Comdain’s National HSEQ Manager, you will work closely with key stakeholders, both internal and external. Your role is responsible for providing leadership and direction across a diverse range of Infrastructure Projects, as well as providing an opportunity to mentor others.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing HSEQ leadership, coaching and support at operational and management level;
- Support project start-up activities;
- Implementing the audit, inspection and assurance program;
- Deliver inductions and toolbox talks;
- Participating in incident investigations or emergency management as required;
- Reviewing and developing tools, policies and procedures;
- Delivering system efficiencies; and
- Managing and delivering reporting requirements.
On the back of growing opportunities within the Melbourne’s utility market, Comdain is looking for a Senior Project Manager with a focus on the delivery of gas and water infrastructure projects.
Comdain’s Project Managers take strong personal ownership of projects through all stages of the project management life-cycle including successfully bidding and winning projects through to safely and profitably delivering and closing out projects in accordance with Comdain’s project management systems.
As the successful applicant, look forward to working as part of this growing team of empowered professionals, highly skilled, passionate and very much team players. All our people are accountable and take pride in their work. They see themselves as part of a larger, collective vision, where our culture and the support we provide through regular training, results in a proactive and productive team of committed experts.
Candidates for this position will demonstrate;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Mechanical);
- At least 10 years’ experience within the construction industry;
- Post graduate studies in Project Management and/or Business Management (advantageous);
- Treatment sector experience (advantageous);
- D&C experience (advantageous);
- Experience with Tier 2 and 3 contractors (advantageous);
- Full project life-cycle experience (tendering – mobilisation – delivery – closeout);
- Experience in managing project teams (Project Engineers, Supervisors, Foreman);
- Strong stakeholder management;
- Excellent commercial acumen including detailed forecasting and contract administration;
- Advanced ability in MS-project, or equivalent software; and
- Hands on delivery approach with management of internal resources and sub-contractors
Comdain continues to grow its portfolio of utility clients within Victoria. With this growth comes the opportunity for a new Estimator or seasoned Project Engineer, with a background in water or gas utility space to join the team.
Based in Epping, you will take an active role in the tendering of contracts through the analysis of plans, specifications, proposals and other data in preparing time, cost and labour first principles estimates for water and gas capital works projects.
You will work to maximise project margin and add value to the construction process through their proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
As the successful candidate, you will possess/demonstrate;
- Bachelor level degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering (preferable);
- Post graduate studies in Project Management and/or Business Management (advantageous);
- Prior exposure to the water and/or gas industry (advantageous)
This newly created role is to support a highly qualified and experienced team responsible for coordinating, planning, scheduling and controlling various program of works and project schedules. The Assistant Works Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the team;
- Assisting with maintaining dispatch/ scheduling, progress and management systems;
- Supporting the daily coordination of the scheduling and dispatch of maintenance and service crews; and
- Assisting with managing, updating and closing work orders.
Essential requirements of the role:
- Experience in works coordination, dispatch, scheduling, programming within the Services sector;
- Excellent Administration skills;
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills;
- Construction Industry Induction card ‘White Card’; and a
- Drivers licence.
An opportunity has arisen for a Store Person to support Comdain’s operations in a safe, efficient and accurate management of all tools and materials as used in the delivery of Comdain’s projects. This includes;
- Goods receipting;
- Managing all movement of stock;
- Maintaining accurate records of all stock on hand; and
- Deliveries to site
As a secondary responsibility, the Store person is responsible for the general maintenance of the premises including warehouse, yard and offices.
As the successful candidate, you possess the following qualifications, licenses, attributes and experience;
- Construction Industry Induction Card ‘White Card’
- Medium Rigid License;
- Forklift License;
- Competency with inventory management software;
- Prior experience in a warehousing / inventory management environment; AND
- Prior experience in deliveries (essential).
Any experience in the above within either an engineering, construction and/or civil constructions company OR experience with a supplier of water and/or gas products to such companies will be highly advantageous.
As part of our mobilisation, we have newly created opportunities for Crew Leaders. Your role will be to lead a two-person crew in the maintenance water networks and infrastructure with a focus on safety, quality, standards and customer satisfaction.
As a Crew Leader with Comdain, you will be responsible for supervising field team(s) to safely and effectively construct and maintain the water distribution network. You will also carry out inspections to ensure the integrity of the distribution system.
You will ideally have experience within the water sector and/or urban utilities and will demonstrate relevant experience and licensing including;
- Construction Industry Induction Card ‘white card’ (All roles);
- Preferably with the following;
- Excavator Ticket;
- LR/MR License;
- Plumbing/Pipe Laying experience;
- Prefer accreditation with water authorities
A number of exciting gas projects through Melbourne’s north west will come online very shortly. This presents a great opportunity for a Gas Technician to join our team.
Working either individually or in pairs, you will be involved in gas tie-ins and connections for new estates.
This is a direct employment opportunity. Based out of our depot in Epping. Vehicle, tools and PPE provided.
As the successful candidate, you will have;
- Cert II in Gas;
- Experience in gas tie-ins and connections
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager specialising in gas pipelines.
You will take strong personal ownership of projects through all stages of the project management life-cycle including successfully bidding and winning projects through to safely and profitably delivering and closing out of projects.
As the successful candidate, you will play a key role in delivering some of Comdain’s largest projects in Victoria. You will manage and be supported by a team of approx. 3-4 Project Engineers as well as receive support from Comdain’s Corporate Services including tender support, finance, commercial & risk and HR.
Comdain will also support your ongoing professional development in project management methodology (PMBOK) and best practice as well as develop your industry leadership skills.
As the successful candidate, you will bring with you the following qualifications, skills and experience;
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering OR Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering OR Bachelor of Electrical Engineering;
- Post graduate studies in Project Management and/or Business Management;
- 8+ years’ experience as a Project Engineer/Manager
- D&C experience
- Gas pipeline project experience
- Experience in managing project teams (at least x3 Project Engineers plus Supervisors/Foreman)
The Project Engineer is responsible for the coordinating and managing of the safe, timely and quality delivery of Capital Works to budget. More specifically, the incumbent’s duties will include, but not limited to;
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection;
- Perform technical, engineering, inspection, scheduling, planning, procurement and quality control functions for assigned project issues;
- Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and technical construction specifications;
- Coordinate the activities of the design and construction teams;
- Assisting in the tendering process by developing tender lists, evaluating tenders and preparing the recommendations to award contracts;
- Developing a scope of works for the tender package;
- Manage subcontractors and subcontract administration;
- Manage construction activities and resolve construction issues as they arise
This role is available to graduates and Project Engineers with up to 4 years’ experience. Experience within the gas and/or water industries will be highly advantageous.
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering is preferred; Bachelor of Civil Engineering will be accepted as substitute.
On the back of sustained growth, we have a newly created opportunity for a Cathodic Protection Technical Officer.
Your role will be responsible for assisting in the co-ordination of the safe, timely and quality delivery of works and ensures compliance with procedures to meet standards. More specifically, the Cathodic Protection Technical Officer will:
- Perform design, construction and maintenance activities with Cathodic protection systems;
- Provide electrical capabilities for the group on projects and in general maintenance activities; and
- Provide professional advice, support and direction to contractors engaged for routine maintenance.
Who we’re looking for;
Applicants must have one of the following qualifications:
- Australian Corrosion Association (ACA) Corrosion Technician Certificate; or
- Electrical trade’s certificate;
- Current Victorian Driver Licence.
The following skills and experience are advantageous:
- Pipeline corrosion (or other cathodic protection) experience;
- Experience in conducting Cathodic protection testing on both long haul transmission and reticulation pipelines;
- Experience in co-ordinating Cathodic protection field testing with other organizations during Victorian Electrolysis Committee (VEC) area tests and / or foreign structure interference tests;
- Experience in conducting coating assessment surveys using Direct Current Voltage Gradient (DCVG) equipment;
- Experience using Pipeline to Foreign Earth Contact location equipment;
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of field based data loggers;
- Experience in a quality environment using national standards and codes;
- Sound computer skills in a variety of applications;
- Ability to write detailed technical reports and communicate verbally;
- Ability to assess field data and recommend adjustments to Cathodic protection systems if required;
- Leadership skills to coax and train contractors and other field personnel;
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively in a team environment.
An opportunity has arisen for a System Operations Fitter to join our team based in Clayton. Anyone with interest or experience in Gas Maintenance, Natural Gas Pipeline Maintenance, Gas Network Maintenance, Gas Mains and Service Maintenance or Gas Mains and Services Construction will have interest in this opportunity.
Comdain maintains excellent safety and quality standards and is currently over 2 years LTI free and going. You will be trained in the relevant technical skills including internal and external training. We maintain good, long term relationships with our clients providing for excellent job security.
For consideration, you must be either:
- Indentured Fitter and Turner; OR
- Have a sound mechanical background with passes in relevant TAFE school modules.
Additional experience which will help in your application will include;
- 2 years’ experience in the maintenance of piping and plant,
- Proven ability to plan, organise and control a small workforce or workshop;
- Current Victorian driver’s license.
A new opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Project Engineer to join Comdain’s EMI Team. You will support growth through opportunities in capex and maintenance projects across the water and gas sectors. You will also support mechanical and electrical works throughout other parts of Comdain nationally.
The Electrical Project Engineer takes full ownership of small projects throughout the complete project cycle from the initial cost estimate to final closeout. Projects are across a large area of scope within the utilities sector. This is an excellent opportunity to build industry contacts and develop your career.
This opportunity is ideally suited to either an Electrical Engineer. Controls Engineer and/or qualified Electrician with 2 to 5 years’ experience in electrical design and project delivery. Comdain will support your ongoing development including leadership development and Diploma of Project Management.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate the following;
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering OR Qualified Electrician;
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in electrical design and project delivery;
- CAD knowledge and experience;
- PLC/SCADA knowledge and experience;
- Experience on water and/or gas projects (ideal);
- Experience with cost estimating (ideal)
Comdain continues to grow its NSW business at a significant rate. With a number of new construction projects in general water, pipeline, earthworks and concrete infrastructure, we’re looking to add a new Supervisor to the team.
As a Supervisor with Comdain, you will be responsible for managing a team of Field Personal in the delivery of the complete project scope of work in a manner that is safe, on-time, on-budget and to the agreed standard of quality and client satisfaction.
You will be supported with robust management systems and other technology, as well as working within a team who take full responsibility for their actions and pride in a job well done. Duties that will be managed include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating deep work excavations;
- Micro tunnelling;
- Gravity sewer infrastructure; and
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD);
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate;
- At least 5+ years’ experience at a Supervisor level in construction disciplines (essential);
- Prior experience in earthworks and concrete construction (preferable);
- Driver’s license (essential);
- Construction industry induction card ‘white card’ (essential);
- First Aid Certificate (Level II) (essential);
- Plant Operator Ticket (preferable); and
- Traffic Management Ticket (preferable)
Comdain continues to grow its portfolio of utility clients within Queensland. With this growth comes the opportunity for a new Estimator to join the team. We are particularly interested in site or project engineers looking to make the change from a project based role into an estimating role.
As an Estimator with Comdain, you will take an active role in the tendering of contracts through the analysis of plans, specifications, proposals and other data in preparing time, cost and labour estimates for the project or service offered by Comdain. You will work to maximise project margin and add value to the construction process through your proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
Specifically your duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Reviewing data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemised list(s);
- Detailed analysis of specifications to ensure work is accurately estimated and risks accounted for;
- Consulting with clients, vendors, designers and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues;
- Interfacing with stakeholders within Comdain to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates;
- Communicating project information to delivery team;
- With support from the construction teams you will develop efficient and achievable construction methodologies;
- Undertake detailed take off and material/equipment lists for complex water and wastewater treatment systems;
As the successful candidate, you will possess or demonstrate;
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in the construction of water and wastewater networks or facilities (contractor side)
- Technical proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Project (mandatory) and expert estimator (advantageous)