Below is a list of current vacancies with Comdain nationally. Click on the job title to learn more about the opportunity and to make an application.
Comdain continues to grow it’s presence within Victoria and has a new permanent opportunity for a Crew Leader to join the team.
As Crew Leader, you will be responsible for leading a small team incl. Laborers and Operators in the safe and timely delivery of water capital works projects throughout Melbourne. You will be hands-on and lead by example.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate;
- Prior experience as a Crew Leader or Leading Hand;
- Prior experience in Pipe Laying;
- Operator Tickets (i.e. excavator and skid-steer);
- Construction Industry Induction Card ‘White Card’;
- First Aid Certificate
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join Comdain’s NSW team.
As a Project Engineer with Comdain, you will take strong personal ownership of small projects or subsets of larger projects through stages of the project management life-cycle including safely and profitably delivering and closing out projects in accordance with Comdain’s project management systems. In doing so, the you will consult and coordinate with other key personal in the efficient management of resources and mitigation of risks.
As the successful candidate, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience;
- Bachelor of Civil/ or Mechanical Engineering (essential);
- Post graduate studies in Project Management (PMBOK) a distinct advantage;
- 5-years plus experience
- Water infrastructure experience essesntial
- Prior experience in the delivery of civil/infrastructure projects (essential);
A new opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Project Engineer to join Comdain’s EMI Team. You will support growth through opportunities in cap ex and maintenance projects across the water and gas sectors. You will also support mechanical and electrical works throughout other parts of Comdain nationally.
The Electrical Project Engineer takes full ownership of small projects throughout the complete project cycle from the initial cost estimate to final closeout. Projects are across a large area of scope within the utilities sector. This is an excellent opportunity to build industry contacts and develop your career.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate the following;
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering OR Qualified Electrician;
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in electrical design and project delivery;
- CAD knowledge and experience;
- PLC/SCADA knowledge and experience;
An opportunity has arisen for Graduate Project Engineer to join Comdain’s team based in Seven Hills. Your role will be to support the project team through stages of the project management life-cycle.
Immediately available, this is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate of engineering, other disciplines also considered, to develop and grow with an industry leader. Strong performance will open up other opportunities elsewhere in this national organisation.
Tools of trade vehicle, laptop and mobile provided.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate the following;
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent;
- Manual driver’s license;
- Construction industry induction card ‘white card’
On the back of sustained growth, we have a newly created opportunity for a Crew Member with specialist experience with water, pipeline and renewals construction experience.
Working with a team of like-minded crew members in the execution of water pipelines/engineering works and associated gas/renewals structures, the successful candidate will be a diligent worker and a team player. Projects range across various stages throughout metro-Melbourne and Victoria.
As the successful candidate, you must have the following qualifications and demonstrate;
- Construction industry induction card ‘white card’ (essential);
- Prior experience on water, pipeline, and renewals construction projects (preferable);
- Time management, outgoing and eager to learn
The Mains & Services Crew Leaders take a hands on approach in Supervising the day-to-day operations of a field crew, as well as sub-contractors associated with the maintenance and construction of gas mains and services with a major focus on safety, quality, standards and customer satisfaction.
For consideration, you must have the following qualifications;
- Have completed general education to at least Year 11 or equivalent standard in Maths and English;
- Completed a Mains and Services Certificate II or equivalent;
- Certificate IV Frontline management (preferred);
- Victorian Heavy Combination driving license;
As well as have the following experience;
- A sound knowledge of gas main laying and service laying practices to ensure work is performed to a specified quality and standard;
- Preferably have at least five (5) years’ experience in duties associated with Team Members;
- Experience in controlling Team Members and mechanical equipment;
An opportunity has recently arisen for a Trades Assistant to join our tank construction team. Working on a variety of engineering works, you will be a diligent worker and team player, ideally with some labouring experience. You will also be comfortable in complying with OH&S and quality systems to ensure the safe, timely and quality delivery of projects to budget.
For consideration, you must have the following qualifications:
- Victorian Driver’s license
- Construction Industry Induction (White) CardDesirable Criteria:
- Experience in boilermaking/welding
On the back of sustained growth, we have a newly created opportunity for a Welderto join Comdain as part of our Engineering Victoria group.
Your role will be to fabricate and weld gas pipework to x-ray quality within our Fabrication Workshop in Epping leading to travelling to client sites across Victoria to complete field welds as part of final installation.
As the successful candidate, you will possess/demonstrate;
- Qualified Boilermaker/Welder;
- Pipeline welding experience including live welding on gas mains and carbon steel welding;
- Knowledge/experience in any of Stik, MIG, TIG and/or STT weld processes;
- Knowledge and experience in using and complying with AS4041 and AS2885;
- Ability to read and fabricate to spool and isometric drawings;
- Construction industry induction card ‘white card’ (preferable);
- Confined space accreditation (preferable);
- Hazardous area accreditation (preferable);
- First aid certificate (preferable)
Reporting to the Lead System Developer, your responsibilities will range from business application development, business intelligence dashboards and business systems integration.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either a recent IT graduate or a professional with some industry knowledge and experience to continue to develop their career within the mobile application development field.
You will be based within Comdain’s corporate office in Epping but may be required to will periodically visit sites across metro-Melbourne, rural Victoria, Sydney and Brisbane.
An opportunity has arisen on the back of growth for a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Coordinator to join our Victorian Engineering team, based in Epping, to provide support to our gas and water projects.
Reporting to the General Manager – Engineering and supported by Comdain’s National HSEQ Manager, you will work closely with key stakeholders, both internal and external. Your role is responsible for:
- Provide HSEQ coaching, support and advice at operational and management level
- Maintaining system certification (9001, 4801, 18001, 14001)
- Assist in development and review of Project Risk Registers, SWMS, and other risk management functions
- Implementing the audit, inspection and assurance program
- Oversea the training needs requirements to ensure currency
- Participate in incident investigations or emergency management as required
- Reviewing and developing tools, policies and procedures
- Deliver system efficiencies
- Manage and deliver reporting requirements
An opportunity has arisen for a Program Manager with experience in D&C projects and specialising in mechanical, electrical and civil works for water treatment and pipelines (water and gas).
You will take strong personal ownership of projects through all stages of the project management life-cycle including successfully bidding and winning projects through to safely and profitably delivering and closing out of projects.
This is a permanent position available immediately. As the successful candidate, you will play a key role in delivering some of Comdain’s largest projects in Queensland. Comdain will also support your ongoing professional development in project management methodology (PMBOK) and best practice as well as develop your industry leadership skills.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate;
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent (essential)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working as a Project Manager within the Water Infrastructure Construction Industry.
- Has to be experienced in the following disciplines;
- Design & construct Pipeline Projects [water / wastewater & gas]
- Design & construct Pump Stations Projects [water & wastewater]
- Design & construct Reservoirs
- Design & Construct Civil Projects.