We take a proactive approach to environmental management on every project. Our early planning identifies and evaluates all environmental issues and sets a vision, goals, targets and actions for each project we undertake. Our focus is to provide practical and achievable control strategies, manage our work sites to minimise our environmental impact and leave a legacy of an improved environment.
We strive for continued improvement in the way we interact with and impact on the environment. To achieve this we:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations and other initiatives to which we subscribe.
- Implement strategies to achieve our environment goals and objectives as set out in our strategic plan.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that all materials are used and applied in an environmentally friendly manner according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Dispose of all waste in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Ensure that where appropriate, the public are fully informed of our Environmental Policy.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of government regulations and company procedures regarding the use and disposal of waste.
- Commit to an ongoing training program for all employees.
- Investigate all environmental incidents which do not comply with company policy or statutory requirements and implement preventative actions to minimise the risk or occurrence.
- Schedule and conduct a regular compliance audit program to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Actively consult with our employees and stakeholders to continually improve our environmental management processes and practices.
Environment Management System
Nationally, we operate an Environmental Management System (EMS) that complies with the requirements of ISO14001:20015. Comdain’s EMS is part of Comdain’s overall integrated management system that links all quality, safety and environmental systems.
- Assist Comdain site management in understanding on-site operational and contractual responsibilities with respect to environmental management.
- Identify and mitigate hazards and risks that may lead to an environmental near-miss, incident or accident.
- Identify and wherever practicable, eliminate or reduce those hazards and associated risks inherent in specific work activities, which if untreated will lead to a diminished product or create the potential for an accident, dangerous occurrence or environmental incident.
- To provide a framework of best practice activities, which when followed will optimise environmental impacts of construction and associated works.
Click here to download the Comdain Infrastructure Environmental Policy
Environment Management Plan
Our Environment Management Plan (EMP), in conjunction with the Project Specific Management Plan (PSMP) and Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA), identifies job specific environmental issues and risks. It provides an implementation framework to document, implement, monitor, measure, review, maintain and continually improve the environmental controls that are required to minimise the impact of the project on the environment, to improve the health and function of the environment and to reduce overall environmental impacts of each project.
The objectives of the EMP are to: