Comdain has a long history of working in partnership with our clients and stakeholders to deliver reliable, safe and high quality infrastructure and maintenance services. We have always taken a long-term view of our relationships with both our clients and our people - we recognise they underpin the long-term success of our business.
In late 2009, we embarked on a process to formally articulate and adopt the principles that underpin this approach and challenge ourselves to continuously improve the overall sustainability of the business to complement and support our operating and growth strategy.
Comdain Infrastructure’s Sustainability Policy outlines the company’s vision, objectives and actions for achieving our aspiration to be a responsible, sustainable business. Accountability for implementing this policy lies with our leadership team who ensure our sustainability responsibilities are incorporated into our business planning and operations with clear and measurable actions.
Click here to download a copy of our Sustainability Policy.
We aim to be:
- An employer of choice, who recognises and values our people and provides a safe and stimulating environment in which they can develop and make the most of their skills.
- An exemplary corporate citizen who is socially and environmentally responsible and seeks to go beyond a compliance culture towards commitment in every activity that we undertake.
- An organisation that is honest, open, fair, respectful and consultative in the way we interact with our community and provides opportunities for our people to make beneficial contributions in the communities in which they live and work.
- A business that achieves success through being customer focussed, delivering reliable and quality services and continuously seeking innovation.
Sustainability measurement framework
Our aim is to be regarded as a sustainability leader in our industry and we have incorporated a comprehensive action plan into our business planning and operations. We are committed to measuring ourselves and monitoring our progress.
- Maintain a company-wide commitment to the safety and well-being of our people.
- Provide professional development opportunities for our people to challenge themselves, develop their capabilities and achieve their career potential while meeting our business needs.
- Consult with our people, clients and stakeholders in conducting our business.
- Measure and work to minimise the impact of our operations on our natural resources (water, energy, materials and waste).
- Constantly strive to improve the way we do things.
- Share our knowledge and learn from our partners, clients and stakeholders.
- Commit to working proactively with our partners, clients and stakeholders to deliver value for money outcomes, protect the health and bio-diversity of the environment, protect our cultural heritage and minimise disruption to the community in undertaking our infrastructure works.